Hello, I'm Rachel
My Latest Video
Ways In Which You Can Support My Goals:
- Make a contribution on my Go Fund Me page
- Enquire about sponsorship and brand ambassadorship
- Follow me on all of the Love Athletes Social Media
- Invite me to races in your town or country
- Share my journey on this page with your friends and family
Hey everyone, my name is Rachel Hosie. I’m a Tasmanian Thrower.
Born in 2002 and have been competing in athletics since I was 4 years old, and have continued with it ever since.
Effectively starting off as one of my Dad’s first athletes for throws, I have medalled 3 times at nationals for the hammer throw in my junior career, representing Tasmania on 15 separate occasions.
I have placed in the top 8 in the world at the International Childrens Games in the shot put at Taiwan, 2016, and have won countless state championship titles in the junior age groups. I also coach a few other Tassie throwers in hammer throw and also strength & conditioning as part of the coaching group with my Dad; Hosie Athletics!
I recently coached one of my athletes to win both the u14 AND u15 hammer throw events, and coach another to make the top 5 for their u18 hammer event.
I’m excited for my future as an athlete moving forward, and as a coach!
My Goals In Athletics Are
- Short term – Throw over 41 metres in discus to make the Tasmanian All Time Rankings. Win my first ever open state championship title (Tasmania)
- Medium Term – Throw over 45 metres with the 4kg hammer. Throw over 11.50 metres with the 4kg shot put.
- Long Term – Wear the Green & Gold and represent Australia. Coach an athlete to represent Australia in Hammer throw. Be there at the 2032 Brisbane Olympics (whether as a coach, official or athlete)
Week One Update
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA